Re: [Gnash-dev] Gstreamer install tip (was: libtool and dependencies pol

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Gstreamer install tip (was: libtool and dependencies pollution)
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 17:00:45 +0200

[still answering myself, but better share]

I realized that the problem is really in Gnash, not debian or glib, as
gstreamer actually builds linking against the 2.8 version of glib.

A Gstreamer developer suggested to *not* use glib 2.6 as it's buggy
and would break gstreamer full functionality, so we're back to fixing
Gnash build scripts.

So, I'll go back under the fire and let you know .

PS: I started commenting out AM_LDFLAGS in Makefile.ams for executable,
    the rationale is keeping LIBS as strict as possible and let .la files
    encode dependencies. This would simplify maintainance (for example
    changing order of PACKAGE_LIBS in only one or two places rather
    then in all Makefile.ams)

--strk;