[Gnash-dev] Re: DEBUG_STACK

From: Sandro Santilli
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Re: DEBUG_STACK
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 15:38:09 +0200

On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 05:33:20PM +0400, Vitaly Alexeev wrote:
> Sandro,
>   DEBUG_STACK is executed long time,
>   I suggest to do by default DEBUG_STACK=0

I think the problem is really in log_action() and friends.
The stack_dump() call is an argument to that function.
Ideally, the argument should *not* be evaluated when actions
are not requested to run.

This might be possible the whole problem you detected with
general slowdown, and has been introduced since Rob
committed the new code dropping the IF_VERBOSE_ACTION macro
and friends. I think I've sent a mail on gnash-dev in the past
about this.

Please always add gnash-dev in Cc so other developers can
partecipate in the discussion.