[Gnash-dev] dbglogfile and verbosity levels

From: strk
Subject: [Gnash-dev] dbglogfile and verbosity levels
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 02:09:32 +0200

I'm trying to use the as_environment::dump_stack
function only when '-v', or '-va' is used.
For this purpose the dump_stack() method takes an
ostream parameter. I hoped that the dbglogfile would
have worked as such, but is not.
Is there a chance we can provide an ostream derivate
that is either a no-op (for compile-time removal of
verbosity) or a runtime-switched outputter (either no-op
or some-op?). Maybe we should have multiple ostream,
one for actions debugging, one for processing debugging,
one for messages etc, following the log_* naming.

What do you think ?

To tell some more about the requirement, I'm writing
a debugger for actions, so I want to show the stack
contents after each action tag execution. When we
had IF_VERBOSE_ACTION macros I could do it, but now ?
how should I do it ?

--strk;

 /"\    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 \ /    Respect for low technology.
  X     Keep e-mail messages readable by any computer system.
 / \    Keep it ASCII.