[Gnash-dev] Loading external movies (status)

From: strk
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Loading external movies (status)
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 13:16:23 +0200

There have been a fair amount of work toward load
of external movies. The core support for it
includes a single entry point for URL accesses
(gnash::globals::streamProvider).

The global object is a StreamProvider instance.
StreamProvider provides tu_file streams given URLs.
If libcurl is available on your computer all the
protocols supported by it will be usable
(ftp, http, https, .. see libcurl for others),
otherwise only local filenames are supported (still
modeled as URLs).

I just committed a patch to have StreamProvider
prompt the users whenever access to a non-filename
URL is requested. If standard input is NOT a terminal
all accesses are granted, otherwise user is prompted
and entered value is cached for a single run.

Running gnash with -v will report access attempts and
policy (GRANTED/BLOCKED).

In the future these configurations will be in a file,
and user prompts won't necessarily require a terminal.
This is just a temporary hack to help seeing what
happens.

For now, it showed me that requesting a load for
a single SWF opens two streams on it, so sometime
stream caching is failing. Will look closely as we
move toward streaming SWFs.

--strk;

 /"\    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 \ /    Respect for low technology.
  X     Keep e-mail messages readable by any computer system.
 / \    Keep it ASCII.