gm2

Catching up, some old some new problems. test errors?

From: Dragiša Durić
Subject: Catching up, some old some new problems. test errors?
Date: Sun, 03 May 2020 13:09:31 +0200

Hi,

I am starting to compile my old codebase, a work I tried first in early phases of gm2 dev... after first pass I am getting a lot of

implementation restriction, array is too large

and one example, maybe telling, is this:

 gm2 -fiso -c Sort.mod
MakeArgs.def:24:1: error implementation restriction, array is too large
MakeArgs.def:24:1: error implementation restriction, array is too large

 ~/bluewd-m2/gm2.lib0  cat MakeArgs.def
DEFINITION MODULE FOR "C" MakeArgs;

FROM
  SYSTEM
IMPORT
  ADDRESS;

EXPORT QUALIFIED Args, Do, ByNumber, Free;

TYPE
  Args = POINTER TO RECORD
    format: POINTER TO ARRAY [0..511] OF CHAR;
    count: CARDINAL; (* SIZE() == SIZE(ADDRESS) *)
    params: ARRAY [0..31] OF ADDRESS;
  END;

PROCEDURE Do (format: ARRAY OF CHAR; ...): Args;

PROCEDURE ByNumber(argCount: CARDINAL; ...): Args;

PROCEDURE Free (args: Args);

END MakeArgs.

Sort imports some modules, one is MakeArgs. I do not have other errors in few tens more source files I have in this lib0 project. Is this something known/fixable from my side?

Also, I built gm2 on RPi 4 (w/ 4GB RAM). It went fairly well, had to add --build. When I ran make check-gm2, I had, IIRC, some 40 errors on x864_64 box and some 68 on RPi. Is this expected or I did somethin wrong ith building?

TIA,
dd