gm2

Re: IDE for developing Modula-2?

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: IDE for developing Modula-2?
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2020 17:47:55 +0000

Johannes Slotboom <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear Gaius
>
> I am feeling more and more comfortable developing in gm2 Modula-2.
> Up till now I am using command line and text editor. Is there a IDE
> which supports Modula-2 development which could be recommended?
>
> Have a nice day,
>
> Hans

Hello Hans,

I use emacs/gdb and the Modula-2 mode found in:

gm2-mode.el found in

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gm2.git/tree/gcc-versionno/gcc/m2/el/gm2-mode.el

it renders keywords in lowercase underlined, bold/italic and is
configurable.  To my eyes it looks aesthetically pleasing - and looks
modern.  It is still alpha though - but I use it for developing gm2.  It
works well with gdb.

I will put together some documentation for how this is installed,

regards,
Gaius