gluster-devel

Re: [Gluster-devel] Fwd: Snapshot feature design review

From: Vijay Bellur
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Fwd: Snapshot feature design review
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 13:56:50 +0530

On 12/20/2013 12:32 PM, Rajesh Joseph wrote:
Hi Vijay,

The hyphenated options are used to distinguish multiple optional options used
in snapshot commands.
One case you already mention which is of Consistency Group. There are some more
cases.
e.g. In snapshot create we have to provide the volume name, snapshot name and
description. Both
snapshot name and description are optional fields.

So to handle such cases we have to replace most of the hyphenated options with keywords,
e.g. "consistency-group",
"snap-name", etc. Do you see any issues especially usability if hyphenated
options are replaced with keywords?

Yes, having a keyword to distinguish multiple options is fine. We need to avoid hyphenated options in gluster CLI to keep the behavior consistent. I do not see any major issues with using keywords.

Regards,
Vijay