gluster-devel

Re: [Gluster-devel] upstream: Symbolic link not getting healed

From: Harshavardhana
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] upstream: Symbolic link not getting healed
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 11:02:22 -0800

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 4:36 AM, Vijay Bellur <address@hidden> wrote:
On 12/19/2013 02:28 PM, Harshavardhana wrote:
GFAPI observes ENOENT with glfs_stat() - so the fix is necessary.

I agree that the fix is necessary. We will address it for release-3.5 and master now. Getting this into release-3.4 at this point in time is dicey as we are planning to release 3.4.2 on Monday. Given that the libgfapi problem has existed in 3.4.1 and is not a new regression in 3.4.2, we can target the complete fix for 3.4.3. At the moment, I am inclined to revert that fix for getting 3.4.2 out.

-Vijay

There is a business case for Bluedatainc (http://www.bluedata.com/) which needs that fix who are a consumer of GFAPI - they are using the community version 3.4.1qa1 with this fix.

Hadoop jobs "TestDFS_IO" fails without this fix.

--
Religious confuse piety with mere ritual, the virtuous confuse regulation with outcomes