gluster-devel

Re: [Gluster-devel] Problem in understanding translators

From: Kaleb S. KEITHLEY
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Problem in understanding translators
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 08:11:33 -0400

On 07/17/2013 06:23 AM, Runjhun Sharma wrote:
I wanted to study the order in which translators are called in the
gluster system after a command in given on the cli. I inserted printf
statements in each .c file of the translators but these lines are not
getting printed on running the system (aftr make and make install). Need
help!!

Firstly, most of the translators are only used for bricks. CLI commands are not likely to execute code in a brick's data path.

Secondly, all the gluster processes (glusterd, glusterfsd, glusterfs) are daemons and stdin, stdout, and stderr are usually closed, so any sort of output to those will not appear anywhere.

Use one of the gf_log* functions and look for your output in the /var/log/glusterfs/bricks/ log file

--

Kaleb