gluster-devel

Re: [Gluster-devel] Spurious disconnects

From: Vijay Bellur
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Spurious disconnects
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 11:28:26 +0530

On 12/25/2012 08:58 AM, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
Hi

I still see spurious disconnections on 3.4.0qaX, but I have trouble to
understand what is going on. I am not even sure this is always the same
problem, and it is really annoying since it always end up in total
failure, with the volume getting unusable beacause all bricks are down.

With 3.4.0, brick processes make use of ports from 49152 onwards (instead of 24009). Do you per chance have any firewall rules that can cause disconnects?

Anyone can help reading the following logs? They are produced by four
concurent tar -xzf on a volume called gfs33:

Client log:
http://ftp.espci.fr/shadow/manu/gfs33.log

Server bricks logs:
http://ftp.espci.fr/shadow/manu/client-0-export-wd3a.log
http://ftp.espci.fr/shadow/manu/client-1-export-wd3a.log
http://ftp.espci.fr/shadow/manu/client-2-export-wd1a.log
http://ftp.espci.fr/shadow/manu/client-3-export-wd1a.log

Nothing much to glean from the logs apart from the fact that there are a bunch of annoying ENOENT messages in the bricks. Can you change the log level to DEBUG and see if you notice anything amiss there?

Thanks,
Vijay