gluster-devel

Re: [Gluster-devel] Stale NFS file handle, then EINVAL

From: Pavan T C
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Stale NFS file handle, then EINVAL
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 09:03:56 +0530

[..]

As I understand, on READDIR the glusterfs server reports the gfid of the
shadow linkto file to the client, and subsequent file usage will report the
correct gfid, leading to the mismatch.

I'll investigate what the issue is.

You suggest that the FUSE implementation should filter out ESTALE by inssuing
another LOOKUP? I can implement this, but I have trouble to understand why you
have a bug report on this problem if Linux FUSE does that.

The bug is there to fix the non-compliance to the expected behaviour documented above under certain conditions. The explained behaviour itself is not a bug. I referred you to that bug because it is related to the ESTALE issue. If the ESTALE problem exists even with the patches provided as part of 3041, we need to root cause it.

Pavan