gluster-devel

Re: [Gluster-devel] write-behind bug with ftruncatz

From: Pavan T C
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] write-behind bug with ftruncatz
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 08:01:01 +0530

[..]

    Removing the performance/write-behind xlator on the client fixes the
    problem.

    Nobody else got this problem? It may be NetBSD-specific, since the
    ftruncate() come from FUSE SETATTR issued by the NetBSD kernel to update
    the file size. I could filter out such messages, but I am not sure it
    would not have side effects.

If your version of NetBSD has dtrace ported and enabled, you can check if the reordering of the calls is happening within fuse at runtime without modifying fuse. Let me know if this line of debugging helps. I need to understand the details of the conversion of ftruncate() to FUSE SETATTR. A pointer to the corresponding NetBSD code will help.

Pavan