gluster-devel

Re: [Gluster-devel] lost locks

From: Anand Avati
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] lost locks
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 17:57:51 +0530

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 1:00 PM, Emmanuel Dreyfus <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello

I have been playing with replicate translator on glusterfs 3.1.4,
with high availlability in mind. It works fine, if I kill one server,
the client uses the other one, and vice versa. auto healing works
fine, this is amazing.

However things turn bad when a server die while a client holds a lock
on a file.  Following such an event, the file cannot be written anymore
even after all servers came back online. I have to delete it to clear
the situation.

Is it a feature missing in the replication protocol? Or is it just
missing in the implementation? Or is it a bug?

Can you describe more about the test case with the exact sequence of steps? There is code to self-heal locks after reconnection. If you can give us a test case it will be wonderful.

Thanks,
Avati