gluster-devel

Re: [Gluster-devel] Performance Translators' Stability and Usefulness -

From: Gordan Bobic
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Performance Translators' Stability and Usefulness - Regression test outline
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 19:55:22 +0100

On 07/07/2009 18:24, Jacques Mattheij wrote:

Another thing we talked about was a simple logging module which
you can place anywhere in the stack that will log the information
going up and down without actually doing anything to aid
debugging. (but this is not actually an automated test tool, just
a very handy thing to have).

Actually, a full-on logging module that sits at the top-most level would be extremely useful. If we could log the exact set of fs operations that causes a bug to manifest (e.g. the Firefox bookmarks bug when /home is on GlusterFS that I mentioned, which seems to have disappeared with FF 3.0.11, but all previous versions exhibit _only_ on GlusterFS), then this would make is really easy to produce a test case that could be used to reproduce and fix the bug, but also put into the regression test library.

Gordan