gluster-devel

Re: [Gluster-devel] Ofed 1.2.5.5 and GlusterFS

From: Mickey Mazarick
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Ofed 1.2.5.5 and GlusterFS
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 15:21:27 -0500

Yes I have it working with 1.2.5.5 and the latest 1.3 ver too. I strongly recommend getting the ibvers driver working. You can test it outside of gluster using
ibv_srq_pingpong

I had to flash the boards to the newest bios to get it working.

-Mic

Dev wrote:
Hi,

 I have a test cluster where I'm trying out GlusterFS ( Just on two nodes, one
server and one client using the 10 min howto). I'm using Infiniband( ConnectX')
and OFED 1.2.5.5. I wasn't able to get GlusterFS working with uverbs from
1.2.5.5. glusterfsd segfaults and doesnt start. Is GlusterFS compatible with
uverbs in 1.2.5.5?   I also switched from ib_verbs to SDP and the performance
was really bad. Well, I just tested with a simple dd command trying to create a
10GB file but the throughput from dd turned out to be like 7 MB/s ! I'm sure
I'm doing something wrong somewhere. Does anyone have any comments on this?

Ideas are appreciated!

cheers

/Dev