gluster-devel

[Gluster-devel] mysql on glusterfs

From: Jeff Humes
Subject: [Gluster-devel] mysql on glusterfs
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 21:59:01 -0600

Hello. I would like to ask about having mysql data hosted on glusterfs. Please see my issue below. I have posted DEBUG log information on pastebin.

Thanks in advance!
-JPH

*
SERVER Version:*
glusterfsd --version
glusterfs 1.3.7 built on Nov  3 2007

*CLIENT Version:*
glusterfs --version
glusterfs 1.3.7 built on Nov  3 2007

*ISSUE:*
When hosting mysql data on glusterfs I have an issue:
The first time I start the glusterfsd server, and mount the glusterfs client (/var/lib/mysql) mountpoint, I can start the mysql server just fine. Upon subsequent stop and restart of mysql it says in the mysql logs that it cannot lock the ibdata1 file:
InnoDB: Unable to lock ./ibdata1, error: 107
InnoDB: Unable to lock ./ibdata1, error: 107
InnoDB: Unable to lock ./ibdata1, error: 107
InnoDB: Unable to lock ./ibdata1, error: 107
InnoDB: Unable to lock ./ibdata1, error: 107
InnoDB: Unable to lock ./ibdata1, error: 107
InnoDB: Unable to lock ./ibdata1, error: 107
InnoDB: Unable to lock ./ibdata1, error: 107

This does not happen on local disk.

http://gluster.pastebin.com/m2357e117