gluster-devel

[Gluster-devel] My experience with patch-287

From: DeeDee Park
Subject: [Gluster-devel] My experience with patch-287
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 02:21:44 +0000

I ran across some problems with the patch-287 build (patch-249 was tree-id I used before)

I'm running a test with only 2 bricks, and 1 client.

*) The original client config is setup for 4 bricks, but two of the machines were shut off. If the client is configured for all 4 bricks. A couple times it wouldn't let me do an 'ls' complaining about not finding "." After some time, I was able to do a ls.

*) I did a "cd /glusterfs/somedir; rm -rf .SomeDir*" ; and it erased *most* of the directories/files. I did it again and it removed more, but again not all the files. it ended up leaving one stubborn directory that I couldn't erase.

*) I did a "df -kh" on a setup with 1 client and 2 servers -- 40GB and 750GB and it showed only the total disk space of 1 of the bricks (40GB). This use to work in earlier versions.

Config:
Server1(40GB): posix, iothreads, server
Server2(750GB):
   volume brick
   volume brick-ns (This is only about 6GB)
   iothreads-brick
   iothreads-brick-ns
   volume server
       subvolumes iothreads-brick iothreads-brick-ns
       auth.ip.brick.allow
       auth.ip.brick-ns.allow

client:
  vol server2-namespace
    remote-host server2
    remote-subvolume brick-ns
  vol server2-brick
    remote-host server2
    remote-subvolume brick
  vol server1
  unify
    subvolumes server2-namespace server2-brick server1
   scheduler alu
  (NOTE: no AFR)
  writeback
  readahead