gluster-devel

Re: [Gluster-devel] How namespace works in mainline-2.5?

From: Dale Dude
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] How namespace works in mainline-2.5?
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 14:31:54 -0400

Thanks Amar for the confirmations. I just checked out up to patch 185 and haven't had an issue yet while rsyncing to the volume. Been running about 1/2 hour now. Love the new debug output.

As for the doc/example...I see the cluster-client.vol was fixed, but the bricks-ns isnt configured in any of the cluster-server#.vol files.

Huge Regards,
Dale

Amar S. Tumballi wrote:
Hi,
Sorry for less info regarding the changes made to unify in 2.5 branch. We haven't yet updated wiki, as release is not yet made. but wrong example in doc/* is my mistake :(

Yes, you have figured it right, namespace is NOT a subvolume of unify. Also about the schedulers complaining about the not enough space, all the schedulers now uses % based min-disk-size, (option alu.limits.min-disk-size 10 #don't consider the node for scheduling if the free disk space is less than 10%).

About the 'ls' failing, i may need little more info. First, which patch are you using. And, an output of 'bt' after doing gdb glusterfs -c /core.<pid>.

Regards,
Amar