gluster-devel

Re: [Gluster-devel] NFS reexport works, still stat-prefetch issues, -s p

From: Brent A Nelson
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] NFS reexport works, still stat-prefetch issues, -s problem
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 01:59:39 -0400 (EDT)

The -s issue was completely eliminated with the recent patch.

GlusterFS is looking quite solid now, but I can still kill it with an NFS reexport to a slow client (100Mbps, while the servers and reexport node are 1000Mbps) and a 10GB file copy via NFS from the GlusterFS filesystem to the GlusterFS filesystem.

The glusterfs process slowly consumes more and more memory (many 10s of MB to several hundred MB) and eventually dies sometime before the copy completes (well before it would run out of memory, however). The copy does work for quite a while before the glusterfs suddenly dies. See attached -LDEBUG output from the glusterfs process.

The glusterfs client is using client, afr, unify, read-ahead, and write-behind (with aggregation of 0). glusterfsd runs with server, storage/posix, and posix locks (although nothing in my test should invoke locking). The glusterfsd processes survive the test just fine and don't require a restart.

Thanks,

Brent