gluster-devel

[Gluster-devel] Just an idea ...

From: Jordi Xavier Prat Grau
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Just an idea ...
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 10:29:33 +0200

Hello all:

   We were looking for a filesystem like this one since long time ago.
We've seen GFS, Coda, AFS, Lustre, Intermezzo, Gfarm, Ceph, ... This is
the best (imho): no spof, simple (to install, configure, use) scalable,
no centralizations, ...

   Just one thing: Have you ever thought to use multicast?

   Thanks in advance and congratulations for this good job!!!

Jordi Xavier Prat Grau
Universitat Internacional de Catalunya (UIC)
Departament de Sistemes d'InformaciĆ³ (DSI)