gluster-devel

Re: [Gluster-devel] memory leaks

From: Brent A Nelson
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] memory leaks
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 16:34:52 -0500 (EST)

I followed the instructions on the download page and used tla to check out "glusterfs--mainline--2.4". I just checked to make sure it's still up-to-date.

glusterfsd does indeed seem to have its leak plugged. copies of /usr no longer seem to affect its memory consumption, so it looks solid. glusterfs still grows slowly and suspiciously, however. I've not been patient enough to see if it is ultimately fatal (and I also haven't tried it again without statprefetch).

Read-ahead still seems to have a big leak somewhere. With 10GB dd reads, it caused my glusterfsd (which was configured for read-ahead) to grow slowly for a little while, until suddenly the growth became very rapid (probably about the same as the data it was passing) and glusterfsd died (just like before).

Thanks,

Brent