gluster-devel

[Gluster-devel] Re: GlusterFS debian Package and Changes.

From: Harshavardhana
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Re: GlusterFS debian Package and Changes.
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 10:42:13 +0530 (IST)

Hi ab,
     'gcc -Wl,-soname,libglusterfs.so.0' would suffice the criteria.
Maintaining libtool is pain while cross compiling and stuff.  And
there will be lots of unncessary hacks for fixing apparently which we
did for many packages during Gluster Compilation (remember libusb,
pcre... etc).
     True translators don't need any soname but should be installed
'--strip-unneeded'.
Regards

--
Harshavardhana
"Software gets slower faster as Hardware gets faster"