I am posting the minutes of meeting held on May 12, 2016 on #glugnith.
Online Summer Training over IRC
Following were the outcomes of the discussions held during the meeting. Mainly, schedule of the sessions and topics for those sessions were discussed.
- Schedule of the Training: June 15- July 15
- Duration of one Session: 1.5-2 hrs
- Number of Sessions/week: 2 ( One for 1st year and one for second year)
- Probable timings of a session: 21:00 IST - 23:59 IST
Topics that were proposed for the sessions are -
- Git, Basic shell commands, build and debugging tools
- Web Technologies
- Soft Skills and Career guidance
- Scripting (Python, Perl or something else)
It was also decided that these sessions should be held on a seperate irc channel like #glugnith-summer or something else and irc logs of all the sessions be made available on the glug website.
Till now, people who are interested and are hosting these sessions are-
- Debarshi Ray
- Pranav Kant
- Akarshit Wal
- Rahul Raturi
- Rohan Jaswal
If anyone has any idea for better implementation of this program or would like to suggest new topics or host a session, feel free to start a discussion here.