glug-nith-discuss

[Glug-nith-discuss] Guest Lectures, Event Briefing etc for SFD

From: binny arora
Subject: [Glug-nith-discuss] Guest Lectures, Event Briefing etc for SFD
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2014 14:31:06 +0530

Hi,

We are happy to announce that some of the experts from null chapter Dharmshala[1] have agreed to join us on 20th September to celebrate Software Freedom Day at NIT Hamirpur. They will be giving guest lectures. One of them, Bernedette Langle is from Germany and she would be lecturing on "WebWeWant" telling us about the current state of web and how it is being evolved. Arun Ganesh would be lecturing on mapping using openstreemaps.
We are still getting confirmation from various people from null chapter Dharmshala about joining us on SFD and there might be more guest lectures on the list.

We have also planned some fun events and competitions on that day. There are also some beginner workshops for newbies such as Linux installation fest.

There are some goodies like batches, stickers, CDs that we will be distributing to active participants. We are also planning to have some refreshments in between but that depends on the budget we can collect from the local sponsors. If you are interested in contributing financially, please contact us. Your contribution matters a lot to us and would help in making this SFD a big success in north India.

Suggestions are welcome for more event related activities.

[1] null.co.in/dharamshala/