glug-nith-discuss

Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] Fedora Mirror :Synchronisation Speed too slow

From: Vivek Shah
Subject: Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] Fedora Mirror :Synchronisation Speed too slow
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 10:24:37 +0530

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 10:27 PM, Bhrigu Shree <address@hidden> wrote:
> The fedora mirror is synchronising at a very slow speed (40-50 KBps). At
> this speed it will take some 2-3 days to synchronise completely. We are
> currently synchronising from HEAnet National Mirror Server.  Is there any
> other mirror that can allow us to synchronise at a faster rate .

I was installing F-12 beta on my laptop yesterday and while updating
from rawhide I was getting Error 550 while being redirected to the
GLUG-NITH mirror. I think the content might be broken. Also on the
mirror page it shows the GLUG-NITH mirror is offering a bandwidth of
25 Mbps. This value is picked up from the Mirror Manager
configurations but is it really offering 25 Mbps on the httpd/vsftpd
configuration side. If the sync is not done and the contents are not
correct, then I think you should disable the mirror from Mirror
Manager.

Thanks and Regards,
VIvek