glug-nith-discuss

Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] BOSS GNU/Linux

From: Debarshi Ray
Subject: Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] BOSS GNU/Linux
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 22:01:02 +0530

> BOSS (Bharat Operating System Solutions) is a GNU/Linux distribution
> developed by  C-DAC (Centre for Development of Advanced Computing) for
> enhancing the use of Free/ Open Source Software throughout India. BOSS
> Linux - a key deliverable of NRCFOSS is an Indian GNU/Linux
> distribution & currently localized to Tamil / Hindi.
> I just came across these links today, I thought it may be helpful for some.

BOSS is just one such thing which many people do in the name of FOSS.
What they are doing in the name of "an Indian GNU/Linux distribution
.. localized to Tamil/Hindi" has already been done by the likes of
Fedora and Debian.

It is more important to point out that our own dear friend Rakesh
Pandit is localizing GNOME to Kashmiri. Such efforts will make _any_
distribution shipping GNOME usable by Kashmiri users. There are
thousands of others who are doing it for Bengali, Hindi, Tamil,
Gujrati, Malayalam, Kannada, Telegu, etc..

Happy hacking,
Debarshi