gksu-devel

libgksuui-1.0 in CVS

From: Gustavo Noronha Silva
Subject: libgksuui-1.0 in CVS
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 16:07:47 -0300

Hello,

So, following the development I am now tracking, I have just imported
libgksuui into savannah's CVS. I'll be creating daily tar.gz's of it.

This will be a new source package, which will also contain the gksu
and gksuexec applications in the near future. I am using GNOME's
convention of enabling the developer to install multiple API-incompatible
development versions of the library at the same time by naming the
package gksuui-1.0. That means we'll have /usr/lib/libgksuui-1.0.so.0
as our soname for now.

I'd very much like to have comments on the API, as I want to stabilize
it and make a release ASAP. Now I'll be working on recreating the
build system for libgksu and putting it on a new CVS module.

So, basically, the APIs are:

For the GksuDialog widget:

GtkWidget*
gksu_dialog_new (void);

void
gksu_dialog_set_message (GksuDialog *dialog, gchar *message);

const gchar*
gksu_dialog_get_message (GksuDialog *dialog);

gchar*
gksu_dialog_get_password (GksuDialog *dialog);

* the icon setting and getting functions are still missing... need to
think about implementation details... should it accept a filename, or
a GtkImage?

For the convenience function ask_password:

gchar*
gksu_ask_password (gchar *title, gchar *message, gboolean grab);

For the libgksu, the API is still not defined, but it should not be
really an issue for the definition of libgksuui's API for now, it will
probably be:

GksuContext*
gksu_context_new ();

void
gksu_context_free (GksuContext *context);

void
gksu_context_set_user (GksuContext *context, gchar *username);

const gchar*
gksu_context_get_user (GksuContext *context);

void
gksu_context_set_login_shell (GksuContext *context, gboolean value);

gboolean
gksu_context_get_login_shell (GksuContext *context);

void
gksu_context_set_keep_env (GksuContext *context, gboolean value);

gboolean
gksu_context_get_keep_env (GksuContext *context);

void
gksu_context_set_debug (GksuContext *context, gboolean value);

gboolean
gksu_context_get_debug (GksuContext *context);

void
gksu_context_set_ssh_fwd (GksuContext *context, gboolean value);

gboolean
gksu_context_get_ssh_fwd (GksuContext *context);

gboolean
gksu_run (GksuContext *context, gchar *command);

gboolean
gksu_sudo_run (GksuContext *context, gchar *command);

Notice that title, message and icon as well as grab configurations
were removed from the libgksu API as it only relates to the graphical
stuff.

So... Comments?

[]s!

--