gksu-devel

Re: Improving gksu: lib, server, basic client

From: Gustavo Noronha Silva
Subject: Re: Improving gksu: lib, server, basic client
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 22:23:58 -0200 (BRST)

Allan Douglas disse:
> On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 14:29:42 -0200
> Gustavo Noronha Silva <address@hidden> wrote:
> Imagine: You are gone, buying Passatempo. But you leaved the computer on,
> X running, and gksud open. Your little hacker sister then sits down on
> computer, make a fake client, and run it with _your user_. Great! She now
> knows that your password is "ihatemysister", a good excuse for deleting
> your home dir...

That might happen to sudo, and is much easier, I think. Security
is also on the user, so if I'm gone buying Passatempo I'll lock
my screen before leaving. That's what I do when I get away from the
keyboard.

That is not a problem with gksud at all, but with 'remember
the password for X time'. I think it is a valid worry, but
the solution is teaching the user.

[]s!

--
address@hidden: Gustavo Noronha
   "Não deixe para amanhã, o WML que você pode traduzir hoje!"