gksu-devel

Re: sudo support

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: sudo support
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 15:57:22 -0400

%% Gustavo Noronha Silva <address@hidden> writes:

  gns> It doesn't work with a secure way of X authorization magic. That
  gns> causes a security problem, you may want to check gksu's bug
  gns> history.

You mean, the bug history in Debian?  I found bug # 182018, but it seems
like the problem here is not that tricky.  I mean, root has read
privileges for any file in /tmp, no matter what the owner or privileges
are, so why not just change the permissions in the temporary directory
so they're not world-readable?  That's what my script does.

 Paul D. Smith <address@hidden>   HASMAT: HA Software Mthds & Tools