giftcurs-user

Re: [giFTcurs-user] Error when trying to run 0.6.1

From: Göran Weinholt
Subject: Re: [giFTcurs-user] Error when trying to run 0.6.1
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 21:33:52 +0100

On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 03:26:08PM +0100, T. Veidt wrote:
> Hello,
>
> when trying to run giFTcurs 0.6.1 (with giFT 0.11.4 and 0.11.5), it
> prints this error message to the screen:
>
> *** GIFT-FATAL: Failed to load interface subsystem
>
> NOTE:
> There may be another giFT daemon running on this host.  Check to see if the
> interface port (1213) is currently in use by another process.
>
> *** Often times more information can be found in the log file or with
> the -v command line switch.

This message doesn't come from giFTcurs and giFTcurs does not try to
start giftd.

> But there's no gift daemon running at the time of the execution, only
> AFTER the execution. :-/
>
> And the strange thing is that it sometimes works for no apparent reason.
> (Though in this case it doesn't start the gift daemon automatically, I
> have to start it manually before being able to connect to a network..)
>
> Any ideas?

My best guess at the moment is that you have a script which starts giFT
before starting giFTcurs. Perhaps it broke when giFT's binary file name
changed from giFT to giftd?

Regards,

--
Göran Weinholt <address@hidden>
GPG: 1024D/4A8854E6 EC27 7F6A DFA9 CBBD 9EE3  F07A 8DF5 8BB6 4A88 54E6