ghm-discuss

Re: [Ghm-discuss] GHM 2020 CCC or Dock Europe location

From: Tim Rühsen
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] GHM 2020 CCC or Dock Europe location
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2019 19:32:01 +0200

On 30.09.19 16:11, John Darrington wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 03:35:45PM +0200, Tim R??hsen wrote:
>
>      > This dock-europe place sounds very promising.  It's even centrally
> located!
>      > Tim, as you're in the area, I suggest that you check it out.
>      >
>      > Personally, I think there is a greater sense of community if everyone
>      > eats in the same place, so if we can negotiate a package deal with the
>      > canteen there, that'd be great.
>
>      - sent the account request to Dock Europe
>
>      - will visit Dock Europe on friday to get an impression of the
>      conference room (and overall)
>
>      - talked with the canteen fux&ganz:
>        - they won't do breakfast (Dock Europe offers this individually for
>      each guest for 6???)
>        - lunch: vegetarian/meat, 4 different each day, ranging from 4,80??? to
>      11,80???. Each person pays individually.
>        - dinner: in the evening they have restaurant operation until 22:00,
>      so we can choose from the card (or go elsewhere - there is plenty
> around).
>
>      It's not exactly what John expects, but it simplifies bookkeeping for
>      me, at least.
>
> There's never going to be a perfect set of circumstances.   This one
> however sounds like the best we'll get so far,  and  the best places
> will be taken if we delay much longer.
>
>      As long nobody complains, I will push forward to get GHM fixed with Dock
>      Europe.
>
> Unless you find any blockers in your inspection on Friday, I suggest you go
> ahead
> and book it.

Sorry, I was struck by flu (still am) and had to move the date for
inspection to next week. But we already have an offer for the room valid
until 10.11., which is 3 days room+beamer = 405 €. That is the 'small'
room for up to 30 ppl.

Meanwhile the CCC said, we could have their room for free. They meet at
5.11. where they decide whether to accept us or not (my contact sees no
problems with hosting us). I'll go to that meeting for an inspection of
their room(s).

So I delay booking until 6.11. and will find out if their is any problem
booking the rooms at Dock Europe while using the CCC seminar room.

Regards, Tim