ghm-discuss

Re: [Ghm-discuss] GHM in India

From: Sachin Patil
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] GHM in India
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2019 11:32:26 +0530

Well..we have few good venues in Mumbai where GHM can be arranged:

1. Homi Bhaba Center for Science Education[1]: HBCSE has a good
auditorium and a place to eat. We might have to arrange for stay outside
if not within the campus. Prof. Nagarjuna G[2] is a faculty there. He is
also a chairperson of FSF India. I'm sure we can get volunteers in
Mumbai(from Meetup groups & MLUG members) and other parts of India.

2. Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay[3]: IITB has everything we
need for GHM. Guest house, Seminar hall/Lecture hall and a restaurant.
Being my past employer, I know we have many faculties who as FSF
enthusiast as well as students and project staff who can volunteer for
the event. It is a place where we have SciPy India every year and we
have arranged many FOSS events in the past.

3. Tata Institute of Social Sciences[4]: I've never been there so I have
no idea about the facilities, but I can reach out to them. TISS hosted a
public lecture by RMS back in 2014.

Lets discuss more here and during GMH 2019.

[1] http://www.hbcse.tifr.res.in

[2] http://www.hbcse.tifr.res.in/people/academic/nagarjuna-g

[3] http://iitb.ac.in/

[4] https://www.tiss.edu/

--
Sachin(GnuPG fingerprint = 28C5 A1F3 221B 949D B651  FC47 E5F9 CE48 62AA 06E2)
psachin.github.io