ghm-discuss

[Ghm-discuss] GHM 2018: processing payments

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: [Ghm-discuss] GHM 2018: processing payments
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 13:12:47 +0200

Hey,

I’ve asked the FSFE if they were willing and able to assist us in
processing payments for the next GHM.  They said that they are not set
up to offer this kind of service, but they sent me a list of
organisations that have been providing services like that for a while.

One of these orgs is “The Society for Free Culture and Software”
(http://ffkp.se/).  Their chair person is Jonas Öberg, who is also the
executive director of the FSFE.  Their website says this:

    Since 2012, the main activity of the society is to provide
    administrative support to individuals and organisations working with
    activities or projects within free culture and free software. In
    this is included that we, among other things:

    - Setup and maintain bank accounts for individual activities and projects.
    - Take responsibility for book keeping and audits.
    […]
    - Manage incoming payments through bank transfers, paypal or otherwise.
    - Provide credit cards (MasterCard) to simplify payments by project leads
etc.
    […]
    - Manage payments, incoming invoices as well as cash (deposits to bank
account).
    […]
    - Invoicing

This looks like exactly the kind of thing we want.  They have previously
assisted GUADEC and FSCONS, among other events.

The other suggested organisations are:

 - Renewable Freedom Foundation <https://renewablefreedom.org/>
 - The Commons Conservancy <https://commonsconservancy.org/>
 - Public Software CIC <https://publicsoftware.eu/>

If any one of you has had experiences with any of these organisations,
please do comment.  Otherwise I’d ask Jonas in a few weeks about how to
proceed to get support from FFKP for the organisation of the next GHM.

PS: should the discussions about the organisation of GHM 2018 be done
here or is there a separate mailing list?

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net