ghm-discuss

[Ghm-discuss] 30 Jan: Pre-Fosdem Lunch & Meeting

From: Alex Sassmannshausen
Subject: [Ghm-discuss] 30 Jan: Pre-Fosdem Lunch & Meeting
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 14:38:16 +0100

Hello all,

In addition to the dinner that Deb is organising for the evening of 30
Jan, there was also talk of lunch at around 12:30, followed by a meeting
to discuss common goals like for instance increasing user uptake,
volunteer management, GNU alternatives to web services, etc.

On the back of Deb's list for dinner, I've got a preliminary
lunch/meeting list of the following people:

  Deb Nicholson
  John Sullivan
  Luca Saiu
  Alex Sassmannhausen
  Chris Webber

>From José's email I'm assuming (perhaps rather obviously) that neither
him nor Nacho would make the lunch/meeting.

Below you will find more details about the place we're meeting at, but
for now, I propose we meet pretty much in the center of the Grande Place
(I'll wear something recognizable — perhaps a hat of some sorts) at
12:20. You can contact me on the day (and only that day I'm afraid) on:
0032 (0) 477552730.

Let me know if you don't think you'll come to the meet, but are on the
list. Alternatively, apologies if I've left you off the list despite
you're previous ack — let me know and I'll add you (we've got space for
up to 10 people.

The place we'll be meeting is a restaurant/café called “Het Goudblommeke
In Papier” (or “La Fleure En Papier Doré”). It used to be where the
surrealists around Magritte used to hang out (and some Cobra people
later). The food seems decently priced and most of the place has a great
atmosphere.

We're booked from 12:30h and will have part of the backroom to
ourselves. I though it might be easiest to also use the place for the
meeting — so we can stay until around 16:30h (I imagine they'd be happy
for us to stay longer, provided we've consumed some stuff at some point
after lunch…). If it's too noisy they said they can give us a separate
room upstairs for free on the basis of our lunching and having drinks
there.

The café itself is about 5 min from the Grande Place, and from the Gare
Centrale.

Adress details:
“Het Goudblommeke In Papier”
(or “La Fleure En Papier Doré”)
Cellebroersstraat (Rue des Alexiens) 55
1000 Brussel (Bruxelles)
www.hetgoudblommekeinpapier.be
(www.lafleurenpapierdore.be)
Tel: 0032 (0)2 511 16 59

I've probably forgotten something important, so let me know if you
foresee any problems, or have any questions.

Best wishes,

Alex