[gfsd] opponent

From: Isold Mcpherson
Subject: [gfsd] opponent
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 16:09:22 +0300

Ease in accessing content via RSS. blogging is not the end game. Online Bulletin Boards, Journals, Newgroups, etc, have all been around for years and there is nothing inherently new about people expressing opinions, telling stories, sharing recipes, etc. Likely means expenses exceeding revenues in a situation where no one or two in the group are going to fund it on their own.
It will be interesting to see how things play out.
Like most things, the good stuff comes from the Midwest.
Universal, CBS and Sony are getting revenue they could never realize on their own. But I've never viewed closing on VC money as something to treat as a win. YouTube had nothing close. And who better to deliver ad based revenue based on traffic than Google.
They're also getting additional exposure for their productions whether television, music, or movies. C'mon Ross, you're a legal marketing expert who I and other people in the industry have a lot of respect for.
YouTube had nothing close.
But you don't publish a blog. Like most things, the good stuff comes from the Midwest. It was in Monterey and run by the same folks bringing you the Blog Business Summit. For the early adopters, small firms with niche practices or individual lawyers in larger firms with a specialty, a blog can be a remarkably powerful tool.
The goal of a copyright owner is to get paid when others use such material. It is not, in my view, about the act of blogging. Its potential for abuse by pornographers, phishers, scammers and spammers has also been apparent since its early days. One, it's highly unlikely that you'll get enough members of these communities to link to one of your blog posts to draw traffic to your blog.
The blog's role in exposing the controversy raises questions that traditional journalists and experts have been asking about the relationship between blogs and the Fourth Estate. The blog's role in exposing the controversy raises questions that traditional journalists and experts have been asking about the relationship between blogs and the Fourth Estate.
It was in Monterey and run by the same folks bringing you the Blog Business Summit.
I particularly think RSS could turn into a powerful and cost-effective advertising vehicle. But you don't publish a blog.
My gut feel is that MySpace is, if it is not already, going to become a prime social networking place for business people. Speakers include Robert Scoble, Matt Mullenweg, Jason Calacanis, Mary Hodder, Maryam Scoble, Janet Johnson, Steve Broback, John Furrier, DL Byron, John Battelle, Tris Hussey, and Dave Taylor.
My gut feel is that MySpace is, if it is not already, going to become a prime social networking place for business people.
But my original business model sure got altered in a hurry by people who, in my opinion, did not understand the business as well as I.