[gfsd] mystique defect

From: Amelia Bowman
Subject: [gfsd] mystique defect
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 13:46:23 -0500

Neil smiled and said he might have something for me to think about.
Since I'm known for long blog posts, I thought this would be a great skill to hone.
I've been working onsite with a client and I pass by a memorial sculpted out of materials from the World Trade Centers every day at the highway exit I use. With the flags at half-mast today, it made for a way to take a little pause to reflect. As many of you know, I like to explain blogs in terms of effects rather than technology. Will corporate clients and vendors working on records management "disintermediate" lawyers and limit the role of lawyers in the discovery process to as small a sliver as they can? Maybe we can do a podcast on the topic.
My sense for this was confirmed as we started the session by heaing what all the lawyers in the room hoped to learn.
what is the TechnoLawyer NewsWire?
You can explore the technology later.
I've been working onsite with a client and I pass by a memorial sculpted out of materials from the World Trade Centers every day at the highway exit I use.
It's been gratifying to see how well-received that presentation has been. I'm surprised by the passivity of litigators, traditionally a group known for aggressiveness, when it comes to electronic discovery. He also keeps it short and to the point, discussing only the most salient features. A benefit of the reverse chronological order of blogs is that you can see quickly whether there is something new on a blog. " Lasica's article was one of the main motivators for me to get my blog launched.
Much has happened since then. " Western Wall is amazing, but from the first chord of Jerusalem you know that you are about to witness magic. Will the response of lawyers to electronic discovery and the complexity of electronic discovery add enough additional burden to our court system to effectively break it?
Coming soon - a new LexThink public conference. I disagree with the "all professional, all the time" blogging approach.
You either have to remember URLs or manage bookmarks and favorites.