[gfsd] thrilled

From: Martin Morales
Subject: [gfsd] thrilled
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 21:16:28 -0400

There was a silence; then she said: Tony!
Dinny held out her hand, and he took it with his old air, as ifabout to confess her. But before he could start the enginethe car had dipped or turned and was gone.
How, in that horrible, commonphrase, was he keeping? An acquaintance of yours is going to look after my Arab mares. Just show me where the paddocks lie, and well get on toOxford.
Ill tell you what; Ill walk you in to the hotel,borrow a torch and come back to her.
He was back again in twelve, and sat down opposite to her. Ill makeDinny come out with me; she ought to ride more.
If he had two thousand shillings, it was all! Dyou suppose theyll believe us if we do defend?
And the little river over which they wereat a standstill seemed to flow with secrecy. They seemed to know everything, except the truth.
And now how dared he have her watched, and bringthis case?
And to think, murmured Clare, that if we dont defend and win,youll be ruined. That man with the horn specs, for instance, evidentlyknew her, but shed never seen him before! Clare leaned back, by the smile on her lips she was enjoyingherself.
A long man on a good-lookingmare reined up after he had passed and came back. Lady Charwell sat down, her face very white.
She had not read more than: The humble petition of Gerald Corven,K. After a glance at Dinny, he moved towards theGeneral. They forward his letters to their branch in Bangkok. Queer animals, horses, so fiery and alive at one moment, sodull and ruminative the next!