[gfsd] drive-through irrepressible

From: Desmond Phipps
Subject: [gfsd] drive-through irrepressible
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 21:42:12 +0300

Would you like better to be hanged in your true name, Milady?
Ah, he is not a man like that cursed dArtagnan.
It is the desire ofvengeance, and how desire molds a man!
My God, said she, what a senseless fanatic! Itappeared as if the ceiling sank upon my head and crushed me withits weight. I only ask you one favor; and if yougrant it me, I will bless you in this world and in the next.
Milady was thenable to judge of the effect she had produced.
Milady was looking out at the window, and pretended not to hearthe door as it opened.
Ah, he is not a man like that cursed dArtagnan.
Ambushes and violences multiplied aroundme, but I resisted. That order does not concern me, replied Milady, coldly, sinceit bears another name than mine.
Well, said the prisoner, when the door was shut, I am not sofar advanced as I believed. She had laid that down the preceding evening.
That I can have nothing to say to a man who does not keep hisword.
Ennui is the mortal enemy of prisoners; I had ennui, and Iamused myself with twisting that rope.
It is my duty to watch over your life, madame, and I willwatch. You shall shut thedoor that you may be certain I contemplate no injury to you!
You say either too much or too little; speak, madame. And she began the same religious chantwhich had so strongly excited Felton the evening before. In the evening Lord de Winter accompanied the supper.
That order does not concern me, replied Milady, coldly, sinceit bears another name than mine. Would you like better to be hanged in your true name, Milady?
Then aloud, The friend of THAT WRETCH iscapable of everything.
She believed the order ready forexecution.
They have eyes, cried Milady, but they see not; ears havethey, but they hear not.
You promised to bring a knife, and to leave it with me after ourinterview. Felton has not told him, said Milady to herself.