[gfsd] address@hidden: TreeMaker version 5]

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [gfsd] address@hidden: TreeMaker version 5]
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 18:34:48 -0400

Maybe TreeMaker should be added.

Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 19:20:30 -0700
Subject: TreeMaker version 5
From: "Robert J. Lang" <address@hidden>
To: "Robert J. Lang" <address@hidden>

Hi,

I'm writing to you because you once requested TreeMaker version 4, my
program for origami design. Last month, I released TreeMaker version 5 for
Mac, Linux, and Windows, and you can now download it and/or the source code
for free with no restrictions (well, almost none; the source code is GPL,
and all that that entails). TreeMaker 5 is much more powerful than version
4; it computes the full mountain/valley crease assignment, and shows you
what the folded shape looks like. If you're interested in finding out more
about it, visit the TreeMaker web page at:

http://www.langorigami.com/treemaker.htm

And if you're interested or involved in the technology of folding, check out
the 4th International Conference on Origami in Science, Mathematics, and
Education (4OSME), to be held September 8-10, 2006, at the California
Institute of Technology. Read all about it here:

http://www.langorigami.com/4osme/

Best regards,

Robert J. Lang
Author of TreeMaker and 4OSME General Chair.

P.S. If you're no longer interested in TreeMaker or received multiple copies
of this email, my apologies. You're not on any persistent mailing list, and
unless you ask, you won't be getting any more emails from me on this topic.