[gfsd]Solaris-Problem in make with nanoseconds

From: Gerhard Kutzelnigg
Subject: [gfsd]Solaris-Problem in make with nanoseconds
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 10:40:26 +0200

Hi,

I found a bug (?) in gnu make on Solaris systems when using nanosecond
accuracy for the timestamps in the latest make version (3.79.1) The
timestamps are totally untrustable on solaris 2.6 and 2.8. I guess it has
something to do with overflow errors because nanoseconds exceed 32 bit
integer values...

When I configure make with "--disable-nsec-timestamps" it works but I thought
to report this behaviour anyway. It would be nice if you could keep me
informed whether it's a bug or what to do to get it work.

Thanks
gerry
:-)