[gfsd]Proposition...

From: MR. MUSA AUDU
Subject: [gfsd]Proposition...
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 1980 14:35:18

 Dear Sir.

First, I must solicit your confidence in this transaction,
this is by virtue of its nature as being strictly CONFIDENTIAL
and a TOP SECRET. Though I know that a transaction of
this magnitude will make any one apprehensive and worried,
but I am assuring you that all will be well at the end of the day.

We decided to contract you due to the urgency of this  transaction;
we shall be relying on a dependable experience and a reliably
discreteness and useful ability in transactions of this nature.

Let me start by first introducing myself properly to  you.
I am MR. MUSA AUDU, a director with the Union  Bank of Nigeria Plc,
Lagos. I came to know of you through my private search for a reliable
and trust-worthy person to handle this confidential transaction which
involves the transfer of a huge sum of money to a foreign account
requiring maximum confidence.

 THE PROPOSITION:
 A foreigner, Late Engineer Johnson Creek, an Oil Merchant/Contractor
with the Federal Government of Nigeria, until his death three years ago
in a ghastly plane crash; banked with us here at the Union Bank Plc.
Lagos; and had a closing balance of US$35.5M (Thirty Five Million,
Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars); which the bank now,
unquestionably, expected his next-of-kin to claim; failure which will
cause the bank to donate the said money to the Nigerian Army, for
the procurement of arms and ammunition for its Arsenal.

Fervent efforts are being made by the Union Bank to get in touch
with any member of the Creek family or any relatives at all, but all
has been to no avail. It is because of the perceived possibility of
not being able to locate any member of Late Engineer Johnson
Creek's family (he had no known wife and children, at least,
going by the documents we have on him); that the management,
under the leadership of our chairman, retired Major General Kalu
Uke Kalu ; and some members of the Board of Directors, decided
that an arrangement be made for the funds to be declared

UNCLAIMABLE; and consequently, be donated to the  Federal
Security Fund,principally for the purchase of Arms and Ammunition
for the Nigerian Armed Forces; to further enhance their combat readiness.
In order to avert this negative development, some of my trusted
colleagues and I now seek your permission to have you stand as a
next-of-kin to Late Engr. Johnson Creek; so that the funds US$35.5M
would be released and paid into your bank account as the account
owner's next-of-kin.
All documents and proofs to enable you lay claim to this money shall be
carefully worked out, and more so, we are assuring you of a 100% risk
free involvement.

Your share goes to you,  while the rest would be for myself and my
colleagues for investment purposes in suitable economies abroad and
a percentage of it re-invested here, in Nigeria, through importation of
some valuable consumable goods.

We have agreed that, the funds will be shared thus (after it has been
transferred into your account)
 1. 30% of the money will go to you for acting as the account owner's
next-of-kin

 2. 10% will be set aside for reimbursement to both parties for any incidental
      expenses incurred in the course of the transfer.

 3. 60% to us the originators of the transaction.

 If this proposal is okay by you and you do not wish to take undue advantage
of the trust we hope to bestow on you and your company, then kindly contact me,
immediately, via email.

I would expect you to furnish me with your full names, address,
personal/confidential
telephone and fax numbers and you have to set up a new account in any good
bank for this purpose; so that I can use these information to quickly make out
the documents which we shall submit to the management of the bank as having
emanated from the account owner's next-of-kin.

 After all formalities are completed, we shall quickly follow up with a formal
Application for the release and subsequent transfer of the funds from the Union
Bank
Plc, to your nominated bank account.

Like I already mentioned above, this is strictly confidential. I pray you keep
it so.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated co-operation.
Yours faithfully,
MR. MUSA AUDU
Director, Union Bank Plc.