[gfsd]Defect report: Bad link (to old version): http://www.gnu.org/direc

From: Robert Watson
Subject: [gfsd]Defect report: Bad link (to old version): http://www.gnu.org/directory/libgcrypt.html
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 14:59:32 +0200

Bad link (to old version): http://www.gnu.org/directory/libgcrypt.html

This WWW page:
    http://www.gnu.org/directory/libgcrypt.html

States:
> Source tarball :
> ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/alpha/libgcrypt/libgcrypt-1.1.3.tar.gz

Actually, the current version turns out to be 1.1.7 (current = Mai 2002).

Perhaps the HTML should simply state "you can get the latest version here..."
and provide a link to either the ftp server directory, or directly to a file
"libgcrypt-latest" - which would, in turn, be a sym link to 1.1.7. This is
pretty typical elsewhere.

1.1.3 does not compile (readily) on Solaris. it only took me a couple of
hours to find out that there was a 1.1.7 :-(.

--

Yours,
Robb.

        |           "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.  |
        | Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched |
        | C-Beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All |
        | those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.   |
        | Time to die."  -- Roy Batty, Nexus6, N6MAA10816, Combat   |