[gfsd]When a maintainer steps down (was Re: Ggradebook needs new maintai

From: Free Software Foundation
Subject: [gfsd]When a maintainer steps down (was Re: Ggradebook needs new maintainer)
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 16:28:43 -0500

[ I cc'ed tbm for his information. ]

A few things to note when you hear about a maintainer steps down:

  * we now put "needs a maintainer" entries directly on /help/help.html,
    not on the task list.  Email the GNU Web Masters <address@hidden>
    if you don't haveC VS access to update the website.

  * update fp:/gd/gnuorg/maintainers to note that the maintainer is gone.

  * Ask the existing maintainer if they can recommend someone to take
    over.

  * Ask the maintainer to, if they haven't already, make their last act as
    maintainer to put the project under savannah.gnu.org, if it is not
    there already.  This is particularly important, because that's the
    best way we can make sure the CVS tree, etc. of the project aren't
    misplaced.

  * Be sure to inform RMS that the maintainer has stepped down, tell him
    you've done the canonical things, and send him the list of people who
    might be able to take over.

You should include address@hidden on the Cc list of all this, but it
is helpful if you do this work.

--
Bradley M. Kuhn, Vice President
Free Software Foundation     |  Phone: +1-617-542-5942