[gfsd]DebtPayoff - Here is a revision, 1.01 and corrections to your list

From: Janet Casey
Subject: [gfsd]DebtPayoff - Here is a revision, 1.01 and corrections to your listing
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 13:47:07 -0400

--text follows this line--

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the update to the 'DebtPayoff' entry. I have questions
about two fields, however.

You say the program is GPL'd, but there's no copy of the GPL in the
distribution (at least in the distribution I downloaded from the home
page). A requirement of the GPL is that a copy be included with the
distribution.

Not to play license police or anything <g>, but the best way of
preserving the software freedoms that the GPL represents is to make
sure everyone knows the program is GPL'd and what that means, and the
best way to do that is to make sure the GPL is included with every
program. You can get a copy of the GPL at
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt; can you add this to the
distribution, please? Thanks!

Ny other questions is about the field "%%GNU: yes"-- this indicates
that Richard Stallman has officially dubbed the program a GNU
program. Just releasing a program under the GPL does not make it a GNU
program. I may have missed Richard's email announcing that DebtPayoff
is a GNU program; if he did dub DebtPayoff a GNU program pleasse tell
me.

If you'd like to consider making DebtPayoff a GNU program, please
visit http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain.html to see what is involved.
And if you have any questions or comments on any of these, please feel
free to write me. Thanks!

Janet Casey
Free Software Foundation
http://www.gnu.org