[gfsd](no subject)

From: Janet Casey
Subject: [gfsd](no subject)
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 16:21:46 -0400

   On the following page
   http://www.gnu.org/gnulist/production/gnu.free.html
   the following text appears

   GNU.FREE is a suite of Java-based software programmes for providing heavy
   duty election services via the Internet. It is scalable, with strong
   security & privacy as well as proper logging an dhas communication slevel
   encryption of all data tramsmitted using an RSA/Blowfish system.

   I believe that this text should read as follows (with one possible exception
   below):

   GNU.FREE is a suite of Java-based software programs for providing heavy duty
   election services via the Internet. It is scalable, with strong security &
   privacy as well as proper logging and has communications level encryption of
   all data transmitted using an RSA/Blowfish system.

   The space appears in the middle of "and" and at the end of the word
   "communications" so that they end up being attached incorrectly to the next
   word.  The word 'transmitted' was misssspeled. :)

   The word "programmes" being used to refer to computer programs is probably
   non-standard rather than in error, so it may be acceptable although I've
   never seen it used that way; perhaps that is British usage.

Thanks for telling me about the typos! I've fixed them, and the
corrected version will appear in the Directory tomorrow (we run a cron
job that updates all packages nightly).

My use of 'programmes' is also a typo, or "non-standard' as you so
tactfully put it. I'm American, so I can't fall back on British usage, alas!

Janet Casey
Free Software Foundation
http://www.gnu.org
address@hidden