Re: [gfsd]Help writing up packages

From: Janet Casey
Subject: Re: [gfsd]Help writing up packages
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 13:53:58 -0400

--text follows this line--

   I am going to have some free time and would love to help write up
descriptions of packages for gnu.org/directory

   Just let me know what todo.

That would be great! You can write as many or as few as you like-- any
help you can give would be appreciated.

Go to http://www.gnu.org/directory/help.html#adding-entries; there
you'll get the scoop on how to write up packages. When you're reading
through the information, it can help to have the Directory up in your
browser so you can look at examples. Remember, though, that fields
that have no information in them do not appear in the live version.

If there's a program you particularly like, you can write it up;
otherwise, look at Freshmeat.net, opensourcedirectory.org, gnome.org,
or any other collection of software you know of. Please remember that
we only take software that is licensed in a way that the FSF considers
acceptably free (see http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/license-list.html,
and that the emphasis in our directory is on programs that are
complete and stable.

You can send the entry to <address@hidden> for now; if you want, we
can get you CVS access and you can commit entries directly.

If you have any questions/suggestions/ideas at all, please write to
me! Any and all input is welcome, and thank again for your help!

Janet Casey
Free Software Foundation
http://www.gnu.org
address@hidden