[gfsd]Re: Directory preamble

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [gfsd]Re: Directory preamble
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 14:37:42 -0600 (MDT)

    I was referring to a Web interface through which developers can enter
    their own packages. Someone could conceivably enter a new version that
    they consider finished (but actually is not) into the finished section

No one is going to be able to "enter" anything with the web interface.
The web interface will only send mail to you, the people who manage the
directory.

    Also, what about deleting packages? I would prefer that I could be the
    only one to do that. Again, I may be concerned with maliciousnes that
    we will not ancounter.

You the people who manage the directory will be the only ones who can
delete a package, or make other changes.