Re: [gfsd]Recent packages

From: Janet Casey
Subject: Re: [gfsd]Recent packages
Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 13:06:10 -0400

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your quick answer!

   On Wed, May 09, 2001 at 12:46:08PM -0400, Janet Casey wrote:
   > I noticed that the "recent packages" link on the directory is not
   > being updated- the most recent listing is in March, and lots of
   > packages have been committed since then. Do we Kknow why this is?

   Yes.  It relies on the %%version field having a certain format:

   %%version: <version_number> released on <iso-date>

   For instance,

   %%version: apache released on 2001-01-29

Can this be changed? Otherwise it means having to change the date
style in almost all of the packages. Is it a complicated process to
change it so that the version field takes a) any date format, which
would be ideal or b) the 09 May 2001 format, which is what almost all
of the packages are written in.

Thanks!

Janet Casey
Free Software Foundation