[gfsd]Re: Gnatsweb maintainership (Was: Re: address@hidden)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [gfsd]Re: Gnatsweb maintainership (Was: Re: address@hidden)
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 16:08:45 -0600 (MDT)

I hereby appoint you as the new maintainer of Gnatsweb.
Please notify me if ever you wish to step down.

The new-gnu people will mail you a file, maintain.text, which
describes a lot of procedures for GNU maintainers.  The file also
describes who you can ask for various kinds of support or advice.  If
you encounter a situation where it isn't clear what to do, you can
also ask address@hidden, which is a list of a few other GNU
maintainers who have offered to answer questions for new maintainers.

They will also add you to the gnu-prog mailing list, a moderated list
for announcements to GNU maintainers.  They will also add you to the
gnu-prog-disc list, which can be used for discussion among GNU
maintainers, but whether to stay on the list is up to you.

If ftp.gnu.org is the distribution site, please tell
address@hidden when you have a version to release.  If you need,
we can make an acct for you on ftp.gnu.org so you can install new
versions.

If the distribution site is not now ftp.gnu.org, we can move
it there if you wish.

We invite you to put the CVS repository on subversions.gnu.org,
but it is ok to use another site if you prefer.

Part of the job is maintaining the web pages about the program.  The
main web site for a GNU program should be on www.gnu.org.  Please
follow the style guidelines in
http://www.gnu.org/server/fsf-html-style-sheet.html.  One way you can
install changes is by sending diffs to address@hidden  If you
make changes frequently, other methods are also available--please talk
with the webmasters and see what is best for you.

Please also write an entry or a change for the page
http://www.gnu.org/people/people.html, and mail that to
address@hidden also.  Note that we don't want to talk about
proprietary software, so if you have worked on any, please don't
mention it here.  Your entry can include a link to your home page
provided it fits our usual criteria for what we link to.

Please make sure that the program has an up-to-date entry in our Free
Software Directory.  Contact address@hidden for more info about this.

new-gnu people, could you please enter Yngve Svendsen in gnuorg/maintainers,
add him to the gnu-prog lists, and send him a copy of maintain.text?