[gfsd]Re: New Field for Directory

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [gfsd]Re: New Field for Directory
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 20:14:34 -0700 (MST)

    Woudl it be a good idea to have a listing for IRC channels in the
    Directory? Do you think there are enough of them for individual
    progrmas to make it worthwhile? Are they a helpful source of
    information for users? I know very little about the IRC system so any
    opinions would be appreciated.

It would take very little work to list them, since no real checking of
the information is required.  So we may as well agree to list these
when people tell us them.  Let's not spend a lot of time on an easy
decision.

Janet, could you please define the field for this and update the
specifications of the data base?